RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL WEBINAR

RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL WEBINAR

Now that you know what webinar is all about, and also some of it’s advantages. The next thing is to understand how you can organize webinars successfully. Here are a few tips and steps you can follow:

1. Choosing the right topic

The foundation of every webinar is defining the purpose of the webinar(why it is been organized, who is it for, what do they need). Most webinars last for 30-60mins, so it is important to ask yourself what important knowledge you can share in an hour or even 30 minutes. You can get inspiration for the webinar topic from other content statistics that drive major traffic to your website. See what your audience prefers and create a compelling format to inspire attendees to register.

2. Pick your Speakers

Your webinar speaker should be someone who has vast knowledge in the topic you’ve chosen and can elaborate on the subject, keeping it interactive and great at public speaking, has an appealing personality and can rightly answer questions from the audience.

3. Strategize and plan the contents of your webinar

Content planning plays a vital role as participants must feel engaged throughout the entire event. Include data,metrics and statistics that are relevant to your audience in the context that they can easily grasp and relate to. 20% of the content should be product promotion, while the other 80% of the content must be knowledge or networking driven. You can also conduct a quiz or poll, involve attendees in case studies, etc. Another focus area must be to choose the right time to schedule the webinar event.

4. Choose a suitable platform

With more features offered on our Trivoh virtual event space, you can facilitate online interactions, hold and rate speaker sessions, live stream content, share presentations, distribute free digital handouts, enable audience chats, hand raise Q&A sessions, conduct audience polls, build virtual exhibition booths and so much more. You have varieties of options to make registered participants not miss out on the webinar you’re hosting, live & pre-recorded video streaming, multi-device accessibility, instant chat messaging, file sharing capabilities, shared screen options, virtual meeting rooms, breakout session rooms, polling tools, audio and video recording facility, seamless registration, automated reminders, and strong customer support.

5. Targeting the right audience

To ensure a maximum number of web seminar attendees to register and participate, start your promotional activities at least 4-6 weeks prior to the event and increase the frequency closer to the date of the event. The highest number of registrations comes in just few weeks before the event, with proper advertisement and publicity.

6. Getting your gadgets ready

Most modern laptops will do a pretty good job of running a video conferencing app, and their inbuilt microphones and cameras are passable. But sometimes, additional equipment could be required. If you want to add a more professional feel to your videos, think about enhancing this equipment and adding some external webinar gears like a camera, microphone and lights.

7. Don’t allow interruptions

Ensure you have your own private space, such as an office or studio, to conduct the webinar. Communicate with anyone else working or living with you that you will need silence and privacy. There are plenty of other things within your network that can go wrong, such as notifications popping up or network failures. To stop interruptions from your computer itself:

a. Turn off all notifications on your computer and other devices.

b. Close all software apart from what is required for your webinar.

c. Have a backup set up for both the audio and network, in case the internet goes down or mic cut out.

8. Run a Test

Even if you’re confident that you know how to run a webinar, there is always some risk of something going wrong. That’s why it is a good idea to do a test run and check that everything is in working order. Testing involves checking the video and audio clarity, as well as the controls of the platform you are using. It can be done by hosting a quick call with a couple of colleagues or friends in the days before the webinar. This helps you to know if there is or will be any problem and that way, you can troubleshoot the problems that you may not have foreseen. And if you are using a new app for the first time, it will be a great way to learn the functions and features of the app.

In conclusion, Don’t put pressure on yourself! Instead, just follow the simple rules above, ensure that your message is clear, and try to make the best of the equipment and abilities you have available to you. With a bit of consideration, anyone can run a successful webinar.

Click the link below to get started with our Video Conferencing App for your Webinar

https://trivoh.com/